Naname choreography workshop for members of Yukai Daiko providing overview of Handtagonism.
Prep: footwear (spinning required), notation
- introductions while stretching: name, small change makes a big difference
- overview while doing balance drills
-- possible Yukai path
--- step 1: fun of figuring out sticking / rhythms
--- step 2: games, drills to increase extension, expressivity, "clean-ness"; feedback
--- step 3: arrangement for Yukai
--- step 4: ...
"scaffold" Ardor with Pei help (teach by call-and-answer from beg.)
- planes of body
- individual feedback
demo (KB, PYT bars 1-16)
how to go from "can play it" to "looks awesome"
- strike details (ATEG: apex / timing / elbow / grip [ring finger for strike, thumb for movement])
jam: bar 1 vs Ardor
- finding ways to play patterns hundreds of times and keep it fun
- realizing ATEG, extension, independence details as comfort increases
clean and close