Stony Brook University
How is taiko movement created? Do we begin with the rhythm and add movements, or the other way around? This workshop teaches a selection of advanced naname movements plus the concepts that underlie them.
Target audience: all levels
Performance vs discussion: performance
Students should bring: nagado bachi (preferably medium-weight i.e. maple), earplugs
- introductions: name, something graceful
- learn Cronkite AABBA
- aside: show "scaffolding" procedure
- "relevance spectrum" concept
- Cronkite demo
- learn Tribeca (simplified R)
- Tribeca / Karc demo
one hand moves while other hits
- learn R arm swing pattern options
- demo improv
Really fun, enthusiastic group. Felt good about my teaching but left myself a bit rushed at the end.