Workshop on concepts for naname choreography for members of St Louis Osuwa Daiko.
- Matsuri call-and-answer warmup
- name, why naname?
Using the rim
- "Angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection."
- start somewhere, do something, ignore uncertainty, repeat
- take a gesture and make it relevant to the instrument
- M2 example
Mastering a "zone" for improvisation
- R arm swings and the 1eau Drill
Inspiration for further study
- Starting with rhythm
- different-direction, multi-plane arm swings
- naname tonality
- questions, ideas