Cortez Buddhist Church
12985 Cortez Ave
Turlock CA 95380
Straightforward approaches to preparing a solo from composition, to practice, to performance.
- name, thoughts on naname
copycat warmup at drum
- strike prep (bachi tip distance from drum, palm up)
- grip (loose to allow bachi to move freely)
- stance: three variables
-- angle of feet (line between toes)
-- distance to drum
-- "pie angle"
- strike waits until last moment (no melting!)
using "otsuri" effectively
how to incorporate whole body
- relationship of hips and strike
- "pulling" arms through space: Helio
Great energy and curiosity. I love Stockton Bukyo Taiko!