5535A Rue Chapleau
First of three workshop Composition Residency series. Goals: provide rhythmic and choreographic fundamentals for piece to come, set the mood for creativity and exploration.
Rhythmic call and answer: Crash elements "4", "3", "2", "1"...
- name, something that has fallen apart
- emotions composed thus far: precision, focused, showiness/performance, groove, celebration, playful
- Montreal initial idea: falling apart, introspection, questioning
Warm up (Minh)
- prep: axis of drum, wrist angle, waiting long enough
- strike: elbow, grip: "thenar web space", whip (partner arm-push practice)
Creating an arm swing phrase
- elements: 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, strike
- revising an "arbitrary" idea: anything can be awesome