Portland State University
1620 SW Park Ave.
Portland, OR 97201
Introduction to choreography for slant-style taiko.
- name, group, naname experience: apricot, blueberry, mango
naname-centric warmup (Minh Nguyen)
choreo sample 2: X-pattern
- phrase: [go]don (rebound, clockwise cir.) gan gon dan (3N)
- momentum demo (Minh)
- kuchishoga periodic table
- What other stances might be possible?
- What are some possible L arm paths?
- How might we take a dance arm gesture and convert it to taiko?
possible additional topics (as time permits)
- choreo sample 3: croise (upright stance)
- "zones" concept
- how to connect movements
- dan gon gan gon x2, daga (su su su) ga, dan gon gan gon
- making time with a drum
- playing along to music
- finding a use for the choreography
- support of one's group